Food Review: The Armoury Gastrobar


The Armory Gastrobar
South Beach Quarter 
36 Beach Road 
Singapore 189763


A secret hideout is in town. The outside of the place have the very elegant-colonial kind of look, but when you enter into the gastrobar is a little dark, industrial pub. Here i have my VVIP guest, Mr. J today to dine in Armoury Gastrobar with me. Heh.


Here is the menu if you need it.


Rose Latte
Presenting to you armoury's valentine day special. If you ain't really much of a fan of super strong coffee. I think this is just the perfect cup of coffee for you.


Pork Belly Confit
- Sherry Caramel, Watermelon, Hazelnut -
Really good for an appetizer. I'm not really a fan of pork but this really taste good. I love how they actually combine the pork with the watermelon. #unique


South Beach Chilli Crab Mantou
My favorite. Legit it has the exact taste when you go to the zichar store and order a plate of chilli crab with mantou. I find that the taste of it as compared to what you will eat at zichar is close to 90% similar.


Smoke Grenade Salmon Tartar
- Wasabi Soy, Salmon roe, Avocado, Tortilla -
KABOOM~ This is one of J's favorite dish. Those that can't take spicy trust me although it has a hint of wasabi inside but is definitely not strong. If J can take it you can too. Oh btw, the salmon taste really fresh.


Quattro Egg Pappardelle
- Quail Egg, Bacon, Asparagus. Salmon lish roe, cod fish roe, Parmesan, Hens egg - 
My first bite to it was like it taste like carbonara. I'm not really a fan of cheese but this really taste decent. I like how they make bacon into their so called "noodle" in this dish.


Overall, the Armoury Gastrobar is clearly a hotspot for people who are looking into after-office drinks, a place to chill over the night with your friends. The staff there are really nice and friendly. Sure to enjoy your stay there with their service which i'm really happy with. I would give it a 4/5, definitely gonna visit it again cause i really love the spicy crab mantou. HAHAHAH.








You Might Also Like

0 comments